Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Injury Update

I don't think I posted after my last visit to the orthapedist. Is that how you spell that? Anyway. I think I went into some sort of depression and I just didn't want to talk about the fact that I was told I couldn't run until at least January. I'm going back to the doctor on January 2nd for round-freaking-FOUR of x-rays. It is continuing to heal, but I was told that I couldn't do any weight bearing exercise until I got the go ahead from him. I'm really hoping I get clearance at the next visit... it has been 75 days since I last run.

Oh yeah, and I signed up for a marathon. So, I really really really hope I can start training--but not OVERTRAINING (lesson learned!)--for that soon.

On a totally unrelated note, I think these are the ugliest boots I have ever seen. And they are Marc Jacobs, so they cost over $300!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ick.. those are ugly! Could this be a new trend? Shoes with built in socks so you don't have to worry about mismatches and such? Hmmm Keep those spirits up!

Steve Stenzel said...

Sorry you're cut off from running! That stinks.

On the up side, I see you follow the "pinky out" rule when drinking (your profile pic), so...you've got that goin' for ya....

Dana said...

I'll keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery. Keep your head up. Oh & I agree about boots! They don't even look like actual boots. But you know that they will be someone out there who will pay $300 for those whereas I wouldn't pay $3 for them/