Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Happy Boxing Day!

Christmas was a lot of fun this year. I, along with my sister and brother, spent Christmas Eve with my dad and his wife and their son (my half-brother). We ate dinner and opened presents and drank wine and took lots of pictures. My dad, sister, and brother all got an iPhone. I got a kick ass Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT. Which I heart. (Although, I'm not going to lie. Now I'm the only one in that family that doesn't have an iPhone. But that makes me sound so terrible, doesn't it.)

Christmas day I was lazy and drank some champagne and took pictures with my new camera. I was supposed to make a broccoli casserole to take to my mom's house but had been too lazy to go to the store to get broccoli before the 25th. So, I improvised:

Christmas Casserole
1 cup cheese
2 eggs
1 can cream of mushroom
1 package of frozen asparagus spears, cooked, drained, and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 cup rice
1 cup mayo
bacon, cooked and crumbled
salt and pepper, to taste

Stir everything up in a big bowl and pour into a greased casserole dish. Top with crumbled Ritz crackers you bought at Walgreens because nothing else is open. Melt two tablespoons of butter and pour evenly over cracker crumbs. Bake at 350* for 35 minutes. Pray that it doesn't taste like poop.

Dinner at mom's went well... the casserole was actually not terrible and there weren't any leftovers. We carried on our tradition of the post-holiday meal Jaeger shot. I got a beatiful necklace from my mom and sister and my brother got me a coupon for an upcoming Sibling Date Night. We drank a lot of wine and then went to a tequila bar.

I need to get back on the workout train... somehow I've managed not to gain any weight, but I can tell that I'm getting out of shape. Oy.

No comments: