Friday, February 8, 2008

I'm Back!


It's been forever... I guess I didn't want to jinx myself! I started running again... FINALLY... after I got my go-ahead from the orthopaedist on January 2nd. I ran a couple of times... short and slow... and still felt a little pain in the ankle.

I've been going to the gym pretty regularly for the past 3 weeks or so, alternating the bike and the treadmill. I'm so competitive with myself though, so it's hard for me NOT to push myself.

I did do a 5K last weekend... came in 25th out of 150 in my age group. It was HARD and I really think it was ALL uphill.

I did 8.5 miles worth of intervals on the stationary bike yesterday and whatever those muscles on your upper legs are called... I'm drawing a blank... anyway, those are KILLING me!

The best part though... I ran 5 miles outside this morning! That is the longest distance since the injury! I think the ankle doesn't hurt... but I'm just trying to be extra cautious.

In other news... I moved in with a friend this past weekend. Great house, great location. It's nice to have sort of a new start!

Yay!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job on the 5k. Looks like you are off to a great start in '08!

Amy said...

Dude, I love the thumbs up. Woo hoo you're back and kicking ass in 5ks. Nice.

Dana said...

Great to have you back & kickin ass in the 5ks. Those muscles in your upper leg(I am assuming you mean the thigh area) are called your quads.

April said...

Yay! Glad youre back!