Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Intervals Suck

I've been doing intervals on the bike recently to lessen the pounding on the feet.

Intervals are not fun.

At least I'm in and out of the gym in 30 minutes.

It's so challenging! I feel like I make weird faces and noises during the 'work' part. Probably very similar to sex noises.

I'm trying to force myself to start weight training tomorrow. Last spring, I did an 8-week workout plan by Josh Hillis that I bought off the web. I really liked it and saw results after two weeks; however, at the time I was going to a women-only gym so I wasn't self conscious about doing situps on the ball and maybe letting a fart out or trying to hold an alternating arm-leg bridge thing (whatever) and falling over. Now I'm at a co-ed gym, and I'm much more timid. I need to get over that.

Thanks for the comments and stuff... now I know what quads are! It's good to be back in the world of running and it's so fun to read everyone's blogs and see what yall are up to. I think I got really depressed when I wasn't running and I was jealous of all yall and your ability to run/walk without a freaking space boot on.

2 comments:

Dana said...

I agree that intervals are no fun. Adding weight training to your workouts will give you some good x-training & help make you a stronger runner in the end.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.