Thursday, February 21, 2008

Feats of Strength

Not really.

I need some sort of lifting regimen. I run outdoors, I do the stationary bike, I run on the treadmill, I almost drown in the pool every now and then... but I don't do any sort of strength training. In the past, I was pretty militant about pilates, but I've slacked on that for the past... oh, six months or so. I've been doing boy pushups every other day (I can do 10 now!), but I still don't feel very toned. Any weight lifting suggestions?

10 Golden Rules for Running... sorta interesting, sorta obvious.

And... big news... I ran six miles today! It took an hour, it was boring as hell (I ran inside on the treadmill because it's sub-artic weather here in Nashville... not really), I think a guy tried to flirt with me (he gave me his buisness card... while I was running on a treadmill... first time for everything, I guess?).

And the really REALLY big news... I have a new baby brother! (Half-brother, but we'll call him my brother because he is so darn precious. If he were one of those ugly babies, I'd call him my half-brother. Not really.)

His name is Spencer... born on February 11th!

1 comment:

Dana said...

This is what I do:

Tues. & Thurs: Upper bod weight training. I hit arms(biceps & triceps-back of your arms),chest(flys & pushups),forearm(wrist),upper back, & upper abs.

Wed. & Fri: Along w/ running I do lower bod on those days. Quads,hamstrings,calf raises,lower back & abs,obliques(think love handles)plus inner & outer thigh.

I do my upper body weight training at the gym w/ machines & my lower body I do at home w/ a stability ball & resistance bands. Hope this helps!

And Spencer is too precious. Congrats on becoming a new big sis!