Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Baby Steps

I got an active.com email yesterday. Most of the time I don't even bother to read these... but not yesterday.

Yesterday I opened that sucker up.

Yesterday I saw that I could register for the 2008 Tom King half marathon.

Yesterday I registered for the 2008 Tom King half marathon.

I realize that I may be biting off more than I can chew. The half marathon is about 17 1/2 weeks away, and I'm still in a walking boot. I haven't run in about 6 weeks, and it will be at LEAST two more weeks until I come out of the boot... maybe longer.

I think I can do it, though. I've not told anyone that my ultimate goal is a marathon. I've definitely not told anyone (or even said this aloud) that my ultimate ultimate goal is to qualify for Boston.

I hate feeling so stagnant. Signing up for this half marathon feels like a step in the right direction... even if it is a hobbled, boot-encased step.

2 comments:

mindy said...

Good luck Jess- take care of that foot. Stress fractures are no fun :( You've got a great attitude and a goal in sight!

Unknown said...

I've enjoyed reading your running blog. I'm going through some knee pain myself, training to run my first marathon next year. Best of luck to you!